Staff, 2023-01-19 10:30:00,
Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:BKNG) is one of the largest international online travel providers, supporting consumers in over 220 countries.
The Group trades through six main brands:
- Priceline – offering several services, such as Hotel, flights and rentals. Targeting the USA and discount shoppers. This is the first trading business of the Group.
- Booking.com – offering several services, such as Hotel, flights and rentals. Targeting predominantly Western nations. Booking.com was acquired in 2005.
- Agoda – offering several services, such as Hotel, flights and rentals. Targeting predominantly Asian nations. Agoda was acquired in 2007.
- KAYAK – Similar to Booking.com but specializes in price comparison, was acquired in 2015.
- Rentalcars.com – Specializing in vehicle rentals across Western nations.
- OpenTable – Offering restaurant table bookings in Western nations. OpenTable was acquired in 2014.
All acquisition occurred several years ago and have been integrated successfully. Interestingly, although they operate in the same / similar markets, BKNG has done well to separate them slightly, thus making incremental gains rather than cannibalizing sales.
BKNG has had an eventful few years, with COVID-19 bringing all businesses to a standstill. Subsequently, they have ridden the volatility of lockdowns and restrictions ending.
With COVID-19 finally behind us (at least outside of China at the time of writing), now is a good time to assess the…
To read the original article from news.google.com, Click here